Friday, December 10, 2010

Forgiveness


I threw out my back this morning picking up Grant. One of my major struggles is being cheerful when I'm hurt. I was really rude to Grant and snapped at him over and over again. I asked for his forgiveness right afterwards, but this afternoon when I was feeling better I sat down with him and talked to him again.

Me: Grant, I'm so sorry I was unkind to you this morning. Will you forgive me?
Grant: Yes. You forgive me, too?
Me: Aw, yes.
Grant: Thanks...(you say "You're welcome.")

Then he gave me a big kiss. I'm so thankful that he's so quick to forgive and move on. Seems there's a lot I can learn from him.

2 comments:

Crystie said...

What a sweet boy! Ella is very forgiving too. My weakness is when I'm really tired or my blood sugar is too low. The flesh is so weak! But, I think it's a lot harder for us to feel forgiven than it is to forgive.

Cherie said...

Joy, you are such wonderful parents! I love seeing all the pictures of you, Nathan and Grant! I KNEW you would be an incredible mommy!