Monday, March 15, 2010

First Day of School

As some of you know, Grant has been struggling with his speech. He has a very large vocabulary, but has a hard time putting words together in sentences. We had his speech assessed in February. I met with the speech therapist this past Friday and she informed me that Grant would be starting his class this week! He now goes to school Mondays and Wednesdays for an hour and a half each time. The class consists of other 3-year-olds who have the same struggles with speech. I'm so excited that he will have help, but it was a very difficult thing for me to drop him off this morning. Fortunately, I was able to hold back the tears until I was almost back to the car. I had planned on having him home with me until he went to pre-school in a year and a half. Nate reminds me that he's only gone 3 hours a week, but it's still a big step for us. I'm praying that he loves his class and his speech will blossom in that environment.



You're sending me WHERE???

1 comment:

Crystie said...

Can't wait to hear how his first day was!